University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee 2012 - Present
Rehabilitation Research Design and Disability Center
Solely responsible for administration and maintenance of several federally funded websites, manage development and deployment of software projects and websites, contribute to the design and implementation of accessibility related project, and provide technical support for office technology, including Mac, Windows, iOS and Android platforms. Additionally, setup and assist in the instruction and planning of the Introduction to Assistive Technology graduate course labs. Participated in the writing, editing, and submission of numerous federal grant proposals. Make purchasing recommendations for both center research projects and class labs.
- Implemented web API for user accounts and profiles, recording user functional impairment severities, and reviewing building accessibility for use in web and mobile applications. Developed a custom collaborative filtering algorithm for making personalized building accessiblity reports for people with disabilities. Developed the API's web interface and facilitated development of related mobile application.
- Design and develop interfaces with accessibility as a priority, incorporating W3C standards such as ARIA and WCAG
- Re-architected servers to leverage container(Docker) technology for improved development and deployment workflow
- Customized and incorporated issue tracking into office procedures to help improve project tracking and task accountibility
U The Center 2012 - 2014
- Python w/Pyramid Framework
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee 2012
Undergraduate Research Assistant
Corrected errors in automated segmentation and tracking of adult mouse stem cells in time-lapse video. Identified, reported, and corrected bugs in the editing software, and contributed software enhancements to the MATLAB based code.
Chatterpipe Inc. 2011
Project was selected for seed funding by the 94Labs seed incubator program to found Chatterpipe, a web application for collaborative consensus building through the visual and logical organization and simplification of complex debates.
MICROmanufacturing Website 2007 - 2009
Created and deployed the website for John Wm. Roberts & Associates, Inc. new MICROmanufacturing publication.
- Formerly Micromanufacturing.com
Menuet OS Community Wiki 2007 - 2009
Open Source Community Web Administrator
Configured and maintained the Menuet OS wiki, a community wiki for the open source operating system written in x86 assembly language.
- Optimized hosting stack to create usable serving times on outdated hardware, using squid reverse proxying and memcached
- Now defunct, but an archived version is available on the Wayback Machine